JigganisJigganis

Main Audio Reviews Stats

AIM
Jigganis

Seedling Seedling

Read your Kotaku review: "feeling of openness and possibility" was what you wanted and what I felt. Basically a subversion of the Legend of Zelda hero trope, right? Compared to anything on NG, this had more interesting use of gameplay to impart meaning. And thus, using video games for what they're supposed to be used for. And hey, a parody of LoZ:OOT's Deku Tree via the Useless Big Tree of the Oracle? Fun!

Game imparts meaning better than average games on NG, but against an ideal standard, you can do better than a rehash of the themes of so many post-modern vidjagames like MGS2 & Spec Ops: The Line. This is the central message I got the game: haphazardly collecting tokens from chests results in good things, and not thinking about your actions results in bad things--I don't know what in your life you're drawing that lesson from, but it ain't good if life is really that uncomplicated for you. The obvious gameplay & design problems are obvious, but they don't matter as much as that major thematic problem.

I do admire what you were able to do in spite of all that. I can't code for shit. I'm eager to see what you do when you work on those themes.

The I of It The I of It

Quite good

This is the most Katamari Damacy since Katamari Damacy. Congratulations. You better not make a sequel. Do another idea.

Epic Coaster Epic Coaster

Seems too familiar

I won't deny it's fun, interesting, and engaging, in part due to the flashiness of things, but the core gameplay seems to be a copy of Canabalt. Which is kind of okay, but kinda not, too.

The Life Of A Pacifist... The Life Of A Pacifist...

Interesting

This game appears to be trying to reveal how little power you have over events when you're trying to just be a team player, trying not to make waves, basically being a pacifist. Frustration and a twisting of your view of the outside world seems to be the standard response.

Balloon in a Wasteland Balloon in a Wasteland

Fun enough to beat twice

If only there were some way to make this game without all the needless interface, to make it a bit more fantastic.

Tetraform Tetraform

Worth the time

I start this game at 7:00 and think it's stupid and boring. I finally look up and it's 8:00. How did that happen?

There's only one thing that would make this game better: more than one piece of background music.

I wonder what else can be done with this magnetic Missile Command gameplay style.

Vorago Vorago

Very good background art

And good colors... However there is much too much to this game that is of lesser quality for it to be considered an effective or fun work: spotty voice-acting, somewhat poor character animation, a ridiculously presented (not to mention cliched) plot, poorly designed and executed minigames, and frustratingly idiotic puzzle design all impede envelopment by and enjoyment of the experience.

It seems to be damn near impossible to make a survival horror game worthy of Silent Hill or Resident Evil in Flash. Flash may just not be the platform for it. Make funny stuff! Stuff that's got some meaning to it but without the melodrama! ":the game:" and the "Bunni" game both do this excellently.

Meat Boy Meat Boy

Great!

Quite fun indeed. A few things hampering the experience, though; the projectiles' collision detection seems off; a few of the levels are just about impossible (though I managed to beat 99% of them) and the very last level doesn't seem to contain a way to get the bandaid. It really seems impossible too, and it was very disappointing not to get the last bandaid and get a new character. Very nice to have gish as an unlockable still, I guess.

I wish I were the Moon I wish I were the Moon

Great game.

Reminds me of Knytt Stories.

Endings have to do with a seagull trip, a moon as a gift, a lost moon, drowned things, and a girl on the moon.

Z-Rox Z-Rox

Still playing, and it rox

You made a really fun, compelling, challenging, and rewarding game with a really simple concept. Excellent. I'm still playing it now; I suspect I won't stop till 100 either.