JigganisJigganis

Main Audio Reviews Stats

AIM
Jigganis

Bambee Bambee

El Cid, I come back here 6 years later cause I still remember this animation so well. I'm truly grateful that you made it.

There's this philosopher that implied we are "saved" from the meaninglessness of things by way of creative works, something for which we can look back on what we created and take solace in it, and say, "There, that was it. That was the day it all started." I hope this is that for you.

El-Cid responds:

Totally. :)

Team Fortress 2 Fail Team Fortress 2 Fail

You have a lot more talent than I do, by a long shot. It'll be cool to see you make something interesting & slightly daring (Lucky Day Forever) with it, rather than this well-animated uninteresting story.

Hyperborea Hyperborea

On par with Brackenwood with fewer artistic assets

This movie manages to convey a lot of mystery and wonder. In that, it reminds me of the earlier Brackenwood films, as well as the Hitchhiker series, also by Adam Phillips.

Interesting things to note: It uses music sparingly; it presents a bunch of characters and settings without, seemingly, any intention of an overarching theme or narrative. We get the feeling that we're being presented with some kind of naturally-occurring, everyday scene in a strange world, like this is a fishbowl and we're looking at the fish inside it interact with the little miniature sunken ships and divers.

That seems to be the point of it, in fact, and that is not something I mind. It's a fun and interesting diversion; I hope that potential for piquing interest continues in later games.

exotworking responds:

Brackenwood, especially the first 3 films, were a great inspiration for me. Thanks for your enthusiastic review!

Seedling Seedling

Read your Kotaku review: "feeling of openness and possibility" was what you wanted and what I felt. Basically a subversion of the Legend of Zelda hero trope, right? Compared to anything on NG, this had more interesting use of gameplay to impart meaning. And thus, using video games for what they're supposed to be used for. And hey, a parody of LoZ:OOT's Deku Tree via the Useless Big Tree of the Oracle? Fun!

Game imparts meaning better than average games on NG, but against an ideal standard, you can do better than a rehash of the themes of so many post-modern vidjagames like MGS2 & Spec Ops: The Line. This is the central message I got the game: haphazardly collecting tokens from chests results in good things, and not thinking about your actions results in bad things--I don't know what in your life you're drawing that lesson from, but it ain't good if life is really that uncomplicated for you. The obvious gameplay & design problems are obvious, but they don't matter as much as that major thematic problem.

I do admire what you were able to do in spite of all that. I can't code for shit. I'm eager to see what you do when you work on those themes.

The I of It The I of It

Quite good

This is the most Katamari Damacy since Katamari Damacy. Congratulations. You better not make a sequel. Do another idea.

Epic Coaster Epic Coaster

Seems too familiar

I won't deny it's fun, interesting, and engaging, in part due to the flashiness of things, but the core gameplay seems to be a copy of Canabalt. Which is kind of okay, but kinda not, too.

Reginald Reginald

Very mellow and woody.

Love the rather muted tones; feels very natural somehow.

Reminds me of the psychotic business deer of Scenes from a Multiverse:

shebitmefirst responds:

hah... I was unaware of the existence of Cornelius Snarlington, business deer until just now, but I completely see the similarity. I have no doubt that his spreadsheets would also echo through the ages.

Golden Girl Golden Girl

Hello!

Let me try to make a funny right here:

"Pyramid Head, meet Golden Girl. Golden Girl, Pyramid Head."

*violent sex*

Really, she could fit right into Silent Hill 2.

It's Tough Being King It's Tough Being King

Unique portrayal for sure

Does this remind anyone else of the end of Conker's Bad Fur Day? Not exactly the same emotions there as here, but still.